Another New One

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I just joined a couple of days ago. I love all the pictures and I have noticed how helpful everyone is. I am having a bit of a problem finding where folks have replied to my post. Guess it's just gonna take me a minute or two to really get the hang of it. I have a pond that my husband and I built last year. ( 6x8x3 about) I know I am going to have lots of questions, that is why I joined up here..................I read many post and you all have so much information. While I have your attention, could someone be so kind as to tell me ..........when you vacuum your pond, what keeps the vacumm from sucking up your fish ? I know many of you are most likely having a good chuckle from this, :icon_smile: but I truely don't understand how this works and I need to learn about this before spring gets here. Thanks for having me and I appreciate any help with this question.

Reaction score
Welcome! I vacuum first in spring when the water has warmed. Then as need through the summer and fall. One good go just before covers go on for winter. Don't worry about the fish they skedadel to other parts of the pond. Fish are not curious critters when it comes to vacuums.

Reaction score
thank you for the warm welcome, and for the fish and vacuum information ! Pondlady, ( or anyone reading this ) do you know of anyone that has used a shop vac instead of a pond vacuum ? While looking at them on the net, I have found that the shop vacs are a lot cheaper and they seem to do the same job ? I am really looking foward to learning all I can from you all, so if I ask too many questions..............just tell me ! (smile)
Thanks again
Trix

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
"silly rabbit ,TRIX are for kids" LOL sorry couldnt help myself....Mark

Poor rabbit...

Didn't he finally get the Trix in one commercial? :banana:

And I'm not so sure a shop vac would do the trick.
As powerful as they are, you might end up vacuuming more water than debris.

:twocents:

Dave

Reaction score
Good Morning All
And yes Mark,"Trix are for kids"( but I know plenty of "Big Kids"-smile) I can thank my brother for this name. It is my understanding that when he was little, he could not say Patricia(my "real" name) came out something like "Tricka". So everyone just started calling me Trix. I have had all kinds of "fun" with my name !! I have to watch myself when signing legal papers- smile. I'm not sure if the silly rabbit ever got the Trix or not.lol And Dave, I found a good deal on the net for a pondovac 3 ($230.00) with NO shipping charge!! I bought it, I figured the money would be well spent over the years of cleaning my ponds( I am working on building a second one- bigger and deeper than the first) I am getting excited about spring ............I am sooo ready to be outside ! You all take care and it was nice chatting with you guys..............Trix (the silly rabbit)

Ask a Question