Another "turtle bog" update.....last major addition completed

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I think I'm finally through! Yea! Well, the major construction and considerations are taken care of, anyway. From here, it will be fine-tuning, correcting mistakes, etc.

The final piece of construction was to add a barrier that would bisect the bog, rendering the entire habitat into 2 sections: one side for the girl, and one side for the boys. To make the "wall" or barrier, I ended up using corrugated plastic that I framed with PVC pipe. The function of the bog itself is not affected. I had to disrupt a few plants during the installation, but they should grow back. Not the most beautiful thing in the world, but all it needs to do is provide separate living quarters for the genders. And it will look better once the plants fill back in.

BEFORE (boys on left, girl on right)
image.jpg

AFTER (not a real turtle, lower left....)
image.jpg

looking at boy side.....
image.jpg

looking at girl side.....
image.jpg

@fishin4cars @Dave 54

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a is probably average winter, but I've seen it -24F here once in 30 years, and -10 to -15 at times
Country
United States
She is probably as heartbroken and frustrated as Mr Turtle surely is, because she secretly craved and loved his attention.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Good job TM. Bet when your plants all fill in you will not see much of it.

Ask a Question