Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
When keeping semi-aquatic turtles indoors in a terrarium or aquarium the number one source of sludge and sediment waste is from feeding. My terrarium setup has what I call a feed tank. Basically a 10 - 20 gallon tank that has a filter (HOB) and a heater and filled with a normal turtle water ration. This works by allowing you to move them over to the feed tank to feed them and then return them to their regular tank. Be sure the tank is close to the main home tank and is also within the view of the turtles from their main home so that it is not a stressful and unknown environment. They will likely be a bit scared at first but keep feeding them only in the feed tank and they will quickly become accustomed to the system.

More info visit my website @ http://www.msatr.org
Questions & Comments related to turtles may be emailed to (e-mail address removed) or if it is an emergency text to 706-957-2900 24/7

Ask a Question