Any Ideas?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have been thinking about a small water feature in one of my flower beds that has water coming up out of a fountain or pot of sorts and running into a small shallow area where a dog under 20 lbs could lay to cool off in the summer heat. My niece pup, Trixie girl loves our yard and loves laying in water. Thinking about making a good spot for her to hang out.

Any ideas?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Tractor supple here sells what they call shallow dog pools .My sister has one in the ground for her 2 big dogs and it has a built in drain ,which was a bonus .She also got it on clearance last year .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
This is cute little Trixie girl. When she gets too hot, she'll climb to the top of our waterfall and cliff dive into the pond. But she really prefers laying in a shallow stream or pool.

18301596_10158601457330317_1824440258067835199_n.jpg

I'd like something that is both pretty to look at while providing her a good wet laying spot. Like a fountain with a small pool at the bottom where she can lay. I've looked on google images and cant really find anything that stands out. I was hoping someone here might have a great idea. :)

Something with water running out the top of a fountain or pot or something and into gravel but with the water about 2"-4" above the gravel level for her to lay.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You could do a bubbling boulder - something like this:

bubbling-boulder-2.jpg

You could use some liner underneath it so the water pools before it flows back into the underground basin giving little Trixie a nice place to cool off! (This is a large boulder - I've seen these done with small boulders and they are just as pretty!)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hard to tell from photo but looks like Trixies owners keep her in a puppy cut. Wet dogs not brushed out after drying are a grooming nightmare. If you let her enjoy water, most likely Trixie will go from puppy cut to shave down. If you don't care about looks no problem.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hard to tell from photo but looks like Trixies owners keep her in a puppy cut. Wet dogs not brushed out after drying are a grooming nightmare. If you let her enjoy water, most likely Trixie will go from puppy cut to shave down. If you don't care about looks no problem.

She gets a shave down about once a month. That's just her needing a haircut LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
When did you add trixie to the chihuahua group .

She is my niece doggie and just likes to visit allot. She is staying with us for three weeks coming up soon while my brother and his girlfriend go to Hymers (near Thunder Bay) Canada to visit her family.

Trixie and our dog Bedford have a little crush on each other. :) :love:

Ask a Question