Any issues with email notifications?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
I haven't been visiting the forums as often lately, but when I do, I'm finding a lot of threads with new messages that I was never notified about. I do still get an occasional email, so I know my settings are right and obviously the emails are coming through, but it seems very inconsistent. Anyone else having this kind of problem? Any chance one of the mods can check the mail logs and see if there's any issues with sending email to my account?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
A good example of this just occured... On the thread about "Winter feeding", I got an email notice of J.W's reply to the thread, but I never received any notice of Haro's reply which occurred and hour previus to J.W's.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I don't get any notifications at all and have not gotten any in over year .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
I know most forums will turn off your email notifications if there are a lot of errors in sending, so you may just have to go turn yours back on again? The thing is, I do get some notices...

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
No issues here with Notifications.

Be sure you are subsciribed for the tread you want notification for plus make sure you e mail addy is correct.

Also (And I am not sure about this all forums are different on this regard) but I think the forum will send out a notification on a new post once not on every new post in a forum that you are subscribed to.
This helps on not getting 10 notification in one day and not drive you crazy.

Ruben

Reaction score
I havent gotten on much today or yesterday, and was just checking my email a little while ago, and had TONS of notifications for the same threads... Check your spam folder...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Mines turned off. I just come here and see what's current. Seems like there have been a few bugs in the forum lately as at least addy and I were having trouble posting photo's that we have posted before and they would not upload anymore unless we reduced their size. Also the other day I was looking at a thread and livetogarden's avatar said Becky and Ian under it and then it disappeared. I know Ian is going to do an update on the software and also said he was going to try and fix the photo upload problem so maybe he's tweaking.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have mine turned off, get too many emails already. Just check the forum when I want a update on new posts.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
A good example of this just occured... On the thread about "Winter feeding", I got an email notice of J.W's reply to the thread, but I never received any notice of Haro's reply which occurred and hour previus to J.W's.
That's OK, Shdwdrgn, Nobody listens to me anyway!!! :LOL:
John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
To fill in the questions here... Email address must be right, because I do get some notifications. Spam folder is clear. Also I run my own email server, so I have absolute control, and can see if/when notifications do come in (even if they hadn't reached my mailbox). As for thread subscriptions... some of the cases of lost notifications include thread that I started (and thus was automatically subscribed to). I'm also aware of the "one notification per visit" settings, however as noted above, it seems strange that I would get notified of later replies, but not of the first reply to a thread.

I actually got notified of four different threads that addy replied to in the middle of the night, but did not receive notifications of replies to any other threads by anyone else, including the three replies in this thread by various people between my last message and addy's.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
true haro I am #1 on your list .I only listen to 5 % :LOL: :luxlove: love ya :LOL:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh sad John and now I have to make you happy again darn .Kiss butt . :wub: :chair: you can beat me up .my bad shame on me .I will open both ears .

Ask a Question