any other rc enthusiasts here?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
until about 6 years ago i was a big rc enthusiast..mostly off road but raced touring and drift cars as well... had a couple dozen, both nitro and brushless powered electrics... i was sent this clips link on youtube thought i might share it with any other rc fans, if there are any here.
http://www.youtube.c...d&v=WEROVWDp3n0
are there any here?

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Sure are, I raced nitro 1/8th scale buggies and truggies for about two years, also have a 1/5th scale monster 4x4 sled pulling truck that runs on a 28cc weedeater motor. Top weight pulled on the sled so far full pull is 168# I've been trying to reach the 175# class but just can't get a full pull. yet. I'll have to check out the site! Thanks for posting

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
THAT WAS COOL! LOL, I thought they were going to take the helicopter out for sure! That was a big challenge for a while was to video a RC car taking out a Helicopter.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
fishin..... never had any 1/4 or 1/5 scales... always wanted one, but never got one. i have had 1/8 th, 1/10th, 1/18th, and 1/24th scales. love nitros but brushless are quiet and faster. i've had 70+mph 10th scales.and all were good for 50+. everything from radio shack XMODS to a full gammet of tourings, trucks and truggies as well.i wish i still had some pics of my collection, and videos of our local club races.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I had a brushless Traxxas I was able to get 73 mph actual clocked speed that I had on Brushless and Lipo. I used to drag race it against some serious Drag nitro's. Pretty wicked car but like the Helicopter. One booboo that fast and something has to be replaced. I still have my Losi's. Been saying I was going to charge the batteries and go buy some fresh fuel and get them out and run them but always so darn busy with other "Fun" projects lol The 1/5th scale Baja is bad to the bone and no special tuning really needed to drive it. Some tweeking to set up for pulling but more playing with weight and gears for it is more the adjustments to pulling.. It's cool to set up and rock crawl but for speed about 30 mph is all I could get out of mine. That's a big vehicle for that speed to though.

Reaction score
Cool video.
I've never been into RC cars much, but built lots of RC planes and a few electric helicopters. I've even designed and built a few planes from scratch, but I don't seem to have the time or patience (or the eyes) for that anymore.

Ask a Question