Anya's pond

Raised pond in the city (town more like)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Nepen submitted a new Showcase Item:

Anya's pond

I started my back yard project, building raised bed along the edge of the fence since our grass dont reach those area and I wanted to plant flowers and fruit trees. There is one corner of the yard that gets no sun so nothing will grow there. I decided I want to put a pond there since the pond requires no sun, brilliant idea! Not so much now J since I want to be able to have plants but it’s hard to find shaded plants.

Read more about this showcase item here...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thanks! now how do I change the cover image?

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Profile page. Are you and Anya the same account?
I was going to mention that putting the pond right at the corner will make it difficult to get to the waterfall or do maintenance there. If I were to make another pond in the future, I'd make it rectangular so that I can reach every part of the pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hosta's and liriope grow in shade .So do elephant ears and some of the impatients .They grow around the edge of ponds great .Just look up shade loving plants

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
John, Yes Anya and I are the same person :) Right now when I go to do anything to the waterfall I just climed the wall, lol.

Thanks Sissy, will check those out! I have hostas, do they like wet feet?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
John,
I meant changing the cover of the showcase, I cant seem to chose which one I want to be the cover.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
When you're in your showcase, on the right there is a section called "Showcase Tools" where you can click "Set Cover Image"

Nice pond! I like your container bogs!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
John,
I meant changing the cover of the showcase, I cant seem to chose which one I want to be the cover.

JBtheExplorer is correct! By default it selects the first image in your gallery, but this can be changed.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Heuchera(think that's how it is spelled ) there are lots of colors of that and moss looks great and comes in so many colors .sweet peas

Attachments

• pee house pond 2012 007.JPG
    pee house pond 2012 007.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 283
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thank JB and Becky, I should've look to the side more, i was focus way too much in the post itself.

i'll see if the containers bog will be good for my pond. I decided not to add a big raised 90~gallons bog next to my pond just yet.

thanks j.w, I love those fish too. One of the colorfull shubbie disappeared over winter I couldnt even find its body :( so sad.

Thanks for the plant suggestions Sissy. The sweet peas look like a minature lotus leaves :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
There flowers have a great smell also .They grow on there own each year by reseeding themselves .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Nice pond Anya. Love your fish. Looks like you worked hard on all that brick work, looks good.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thanks :) I've become fond of doing the work myself, but it kills my back now. The good thing about doing it myself is I can let go of all the imperfection a lot easier than if someone's doing it for me.

And I learn that I NEED a plan before I do things and that it's a lot more work than I expected (didnt think about having to dig footer or set up the leveler and all that construction stuff). :)

Ask a Question