Anybody use Wayfair?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have been using Wayfair for homegoods for several years. No, they don't sell pond supplies but after today, I just had to report about the customer service I got. I ordered a queen size down filled duvet (aka- comforter). Also ordered a cover for it supposedly designed by NASA!. I got the duvet and as I was unfolding it, noticed the tag said duck down. I specifically ordered goose down. I called and explained that I got the wrong item. They got all the info and said hold on to the wrong item and they would handle it. Within the week, I got the goose down comforter I had ordered but no instructions as to how to send the other one back. I waited several days and then called . 2 week hold on correction orders and was told I would receive info by friday. Today I get an email. Dispose or donate unwanted item!!!!!!! They are letting me keep a queen size duck down comforter!
If you are looking at anything for your home, I recommend Wayfair!!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing this.... I recently purchased a feather bed on Amazon. It was basically okay, but underfilled in one area. I contacted the manufacturer about it, and long story short, I can tell you Pacific Coast has awful customer service. Anyway, I exchanged it via Amazon, and the second one I got was underfilled along the entire end of it. Amazon did the same thing, and let me keep it. Figured I'd use it in our camper.... So....I went on Overstock and ordered a different one. By golly if they didn't mess up and send me the wrong brand, and it was another stinking Pacific Coast product! Again, underfilled in several areas, and on top of that, it appeared to be a previously returned item. So, I returned it, and I've been leery about trying to order one from anywhere else.

Do you mind sharing what brand your duvet is @mrsclem, and are you happy with the quality? As I was also considering a down duvet, and perhaps that co. makes featherbeds too... I have a Rumpl blanket that I use as a duvet, and love it, but it is kinda' small.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
No problem Somethin' fishy- It's a Luxlen Grand all season goose down, 500 thread count. Absolutely love it! I spent the extra $$$ and got a special temperature regulating cover supposedly designed by NASA. Well worth the money- Consolata Temperature regulating cover. Just ordered another one for the duck down duvet they are letting me keep. Both duvets weigh the same so will see what difference there is between duck and goose down.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We've had good luck with Wayfair, too - bought a whole bunch of light fixtures from them for our whole house renovation and everything was exactly as expected. We are just about to order new barstools and will likely order from Wayfair.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You did well! Wish I had gotten my rain barrel from them instead of Houzz. They sent me the wrong color one. Then when I told them, they said all they could do was give me 10% off a future order. Think I will ever order from them again? NO. I will check out Wayfair.
Barb

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I ordered cal king sheets, the ones sent were queen. I had to document, send pictures showing they did not fit, etc to get them to refund the sheets, they finally said send them back, a few weeks later I got the refund back on the CC.
So my experience was not so good.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Sirry to heat that Addy. After I called and explained the mistake , they gave me a code to get 10% off my next order. I didn't expect anything else. Guess it's who handles the customer service cases. I had ordered 6 of the pond pump protection bags from Home Depot. Tried 2, clogged 1st day. Called to send them back. They gave full refund and said keep all the bags.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
np problem they did finally fix it. Just was a pain to take pics of the sheets not fitting at all. And they were marked cal king.
So I have not shopped with them since. Might try again, but we have too much stuff already don't need more stuff.

Ask a Question