Anyone famililar with Oase Biosmart Filter Systems

Reaction score
I have a Oase Biosmart 30000 with Eco 8500 pump and Bitron C 36 UVC Clarifier

We had this installed approximately 7 weeks ago to our existing pond of about 6000 litres. We had really bad pea green water and this system was unbelieveable it cleared the algea and we have total crystal clear water after 6 days.

This lasted until apear 2 1/2 weeks ago the pond water has now gone cloudy and muddish looking and cannot see the bottom anymore.
The Pollution indicator does not popped up either and when you look at the sponges they look pretty clear and not clogged up.

We did have to empty the filter about 3 weeks ago to place a better platform underneath it, which meant lifting the top try out of the filter, so we thought the rubber gasket has come away from the outlet (the one looks like an letter box). So we made sure that gasket was placed ok but we still have the cloudy water. Also when the gentleman who installed the system for us he placed the bypass handles on top of the clarifier to 140000/20000 even though we have a 8500 pump the setting should have been 8000/10000 on each handle. But saying that it did clear our water.

When we emptied the filter to place the platform I moved these toggle handles to the correct setting 8000/10000 would this have caused the water to turn cloudy. I'm someone what a little mystified why the pollution indicator is not popping up as it was popping up even with clear water about every 6 days. When I pull out weed there is clouds of muddy dirt.

Any advice is appreciated, also bearing in mind my pond does unfortunately have a leak which hopefully will be remedied when the pond is emptied and cleaned out in 2 days time.

Ask a Question