Anyone hand lay carbon fiber?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Just curious... I am doing my Vette's interior in red and black carbon fiber/kevlar 2x2 weave... process is a pain in the you know what. Humidity has been way too high outside to apply resin and there is no way I am going to do it inside the basement (stinky)... my car is so naked inside its not even funny but that is what I get for tearing off everything to do at once when everything is still in different stages. LOL Anyone have any projects to share that they have done with carbon fiber? Any tips and tricks? I am hand laying everything (more like wrapping stock pieces and trimming it to fit) and not using a vacuum bag system or any molds.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Nope, but have thought about it on some parts of my bike, so let me know how it goes.

Its one of those things that i have wanted to do, but am not usually patient enough to do it, pretty much like painting, I need to get the project done now!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
In the ford plant they use to use giant heater blowers for custom interiors similar to a big hair dryer .

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
That's just a wrap with adhesive backing though, not real carbon fiber. I have a heat gun and have done that stuff before.

Ask a Question