Anyone have experience installing Anjon Supernova 40 UV clarifier?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I need to buy a uv clarifier and my pond supplier recommended the Anjon Supernova 40, but the instructions I've seen online make no sense to me. Has anyone installed one? Did it just fit in line or does it need a more complicated install?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! Sorry, but I don’t have any information for you. I’m not very good at figuring out such things, but the instructions looked straightforward to me. Maybe you could call their support line.

Can you tell us something about your pond set up? How big is it and what kind of filtration do you have? Do you have fish, and if so, what kind and how many? Do you have an algae problem?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! Sorry, but I don’t have any information for you. I’m not very good at figuring out such things, but the instructions looked straightforward to me. Maybe you could call their support line.

Can you tell us something about your pond set up? How big is it and what kind of filtration do you have? Do you have fish, and if so, what kind and how many? Do you have an algae problem?
Thanks for the response. I've added a photo from earlier this spring. It's roughly 3500 gal pond (16' x 11') with an aquascape waterfall filter and a skimmer. The pond has fish, plants and regularly added beneficial bacteria and sludge reducera. I upgraded my pump after making the pond bigger this spring, which helped clear the water significantly. I do have numerous gold fish, shubunkin, and rosey red minnows bordering on too many after spring spawning. I had hundreds if not thousands of tadpoles keeping the algae in check this spring and snails have moved in. Water hyacinth, lettuce, and lilies are also working to keep the nutrients down and about 50% of the pond shaded. I don't have too much of a string algae problem. I could get by with out the clarifier for now, but every pond owner I know recommends getting one.

Attachments

• pond 2.jpg
    pond 2.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 110

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
743C0FB5-13CA-4D4D-A274-E15C6C2127BA.png

Here is a pic of how one is setup, with the ability to bypass it when not in use. Just using schedule 40 fittings and flex pvc.

Here most will not recommend them. While uv’s will work they are unnecessary in a mature balanced pond. They also indiscriminately kill everything that passes the light (phyto and zoo plankton, bacteria and other free floating organisms) good and bad.

Reaction score
Country
United States
View attachment 130883

Here is a pic of how one is setup, with the ability to bypass it when not in use. Just using schedule 40 fittings and flex pvc.

Here most will not recommend them. While uv’s will work they are unnecessary in a mature balanced pond. They also indiscriminately kill everything that passes the light (phyto and zoo plankton, bacteria and other free floating organisms) good and bad.
Thanks. l've decided to forgo a UV clarifier for now since my water is fairly clear. In a ~40" deep pond I can see to the bottom. I'm not sure where the balance limit is for fish, but I'm probably fairly close. Too many fry survived.

Ask a Question