Anyone in New Mexico?

Reaction score
I did a search for "New Mexico", but site came back with an error, not sure what's wrong there.
Anyways, I was wondering if I have any fellow pond members residing in New Mexico.
I would love to get with someone, bounce some ideas, maybe trade fish or plants.

If you're local to Abq area, I'm in Rio Rancho, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mario

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Have a small plot of land in New Mexico I inherited from parents. I think I pay $8. a year for taxes! Sis and bro-in-law went down that way once and took pix of it. Nothing but dirt there. Was supposed to be some kind of development deal way back in the 60's that never made it. I just keep it around for the heck of it. Think it is worth about $800. lol! Maybe someday we will drive down there in our camper and actually see it in person. The scenery down there is real pretty but that property looks like wasteland to me!

Reaction score
Have a small plot of land in New Mexico I inherited from parents. I think I pay $8. a year for taxes! Sis and bro-in-law went down that way once and took pix of it. Nothing but dirt there. Was supposed to be some kind of development deal way back in the 60's that never made it. I just keep it around for the heck of it. Think it is worth about $800. lol! Maybe someday we will drive down there in our camper and actually see it in person. The scenery down there is real pretty but that property looks like wasteland to me!
Unfortunately I hear this story all too often. Many people were taken advantage of back in the 60s and 70s; not saying your parents were, just more of generic statement.
A lot of those places are inaccessible, as in no roads, paved or dirt. You better check sat maps for recent track marks before you head somewhere where no one can find you. I recommend watching few episodes of Breaking Bad, a TV show that was filmed here in ABQ and the desert scenes appear to be local. I have a rock crawler that I sometimes take out to the mesa, but that thing will go anywhere and climb stuff that you would not believe.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They bought back in 1961 and here are a few pix that my hubby's sis took when they drove through the place. They talked to a man w/ the truck and dogs who lives there in one of the homes. Not much going on there but some do live there. Our spot is in unit 10 lot 25 in case you are ever driving through. Hey if ya do take some pix and post them..........maybe things have changed since sis has been down there as it was prolly 10 yrs ago.

IMG_3644.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3646-1.jpg

IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

IMG_3648.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Dry and brown, looks like arizona in the summer.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep it sure looks pretty brown to me and does remind me of the Breaking Bad show..............love that show! Waiting for it to come back on!

Ask a Question