Anyone know what kind of koki this is?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Here is one of the kois I inherited from my father. I have no idea what kind it is. Of all the color and fish i have this one is my favorite. He or she is a dark brown with a lighter brown on the underside.

Attachments

• HPIM4988.JPG
    HPIM4988.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 272

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think it's a dark brown w/ a light brown underside named Koki,lol! Sorry could not resist and I know nothing about koi types but just needed to feel part of the community.

Actually it's kind of hard to see. You might have to take it out and put it in something w/ a lt blue background so it will show up close and personal. Anyone else know the real answer?

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
It's very hard from the pics but I think I may can help some. If it's solid brown and fully scaled it would be a Chagoi (usually known as the calming koi as they will calm the rest of the herd and become quite friendly, But they do get quite large.) If it has smooth skin or far larger scales than normal scaled koi then it would be called a Saragoi. Now if it's black and has a brwon or red belly it would be called a Karasu, and if it's solid black or deep chocolate colored with white edging on the fin then it would be called a Hajiro. If I had to guess from the pic I would say probably Chagoi but without a better pic that's about the best I can do.

Ask a Question