Anyone know what kind of lilies these are?

Reaction score
IMG_0016.JPG

I dug them out of a natural pond not far from my house. This is their third year and they're doing great. The odd thing is the stems are much stronger than lilies I've ever bought in stores. They grow right out of the water. I was hoping someone would know what they are. I live in PA.

Thanks

Reaction score
looks like a hardy lilly (generic), wont know color/name till the flower blooms. Some others may be able to t ell from the leaves, but thats all I got for now. You should put your location in your profile......

Reaction score
The flower that is visible is as big as they have ever gotten. Yellow in color and not very big. That's probably because my pond only gets 2 hours of sun a day.

Reaction score
hmmmmm, do they always have leaves above the water or do they float? I may take back my response of hardy lilly......

Reaction score
Okay, not sure, but it is some sort of lilly....email (e-mail address removed), she may give you a better idea of the type. Sorry, I've never seen a small flower like that, its not a water poppy, but again, I'm not sure.

Reaction score
Thanks, for the info. I googled the name and it's apparently a hardy lily not a lotus. The pics on the web matched mine closely.
I'm surprised at how fast and full this variety grows. It probably helps that it's native to my area.

Ask a Question