Anyone want some goldfish?

Reaction score
Went to a clients this morning and removed a bunch of 1-2" goldfish babies ... Had lined up a few homes in advance, but looks like we have about 40 extra from this trip ...

I can not make any promises as to what they will develop into. Right now, most are orange, a few are still typical fry brown ... the majority have long fins ...

The "parents" ... who knows who they were LOL ... They have 10 goldfish that are 8-10 yrs old (I cant remember when they bought the house, these fish came with the house), and all about 9-10" in size ... all are long fins ... most of them are solid white, one is solid orange, and two are orange and white ...

Their adult goldfish have been their only fish from day 1, and to the best of my lnowledge, have never had an issue ... As of May, we built a larger pond for them, and added 4 babies that we grew out inside from one of our spawns ... One would want to QT fish from ANY source, only want to point out that none of the fish were exposed to commercial issues.

The babies are FREE ... if you are within a reasonable drive, you are welcome to come here to get some ... or can send some for actual costs of shipping.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
long long fins, like butterflyish? Would love to have some if so. Add to my mutt mix in my pond.

Reaction score
Addy. this picture is of our goldfish when they were still in the bog ... The orange one at the front of the group with the long fins is very similar to the clients fish ... her most orange fish looks like this one, but has less white on the fins ... most of them are the same body, but either completely white, or just a couple of small orange blotches ... I have no clue what colors these babies will be .. most of them are medium orange in color now, so thinking they may go white (a few are already starting to go white), but I dont know ... I know ALL of my goldfish fry started out the blah brown (as did hers), and very few stayed that color (hers are changing color smaller than ours have) ... if they stay the blah brown color, they would look like the dark GF in the upper right of the pic ... looks nearly black from the top with "gold" edging to the fins ... Most of the babies have long fins, some medium, and a few are standard fins, or at least the best I can tell with them only being 1-2" ...

Reaction score
Mmathis said:
Sorry, but Louisiana is too far away, though I LOVE the long-finned guys!
I am sending some to a friend in GA .. if you want, we can wait and see how they do getting to her. There's still plenty more to move out of the clients pond.

Ask a Question