Anyone with basement pond and wants to save water?

Reaction score
Alright, some already know I'm running to massive problems with all my tanks. LOL! Anyway, in light of this major issue, I'm still thinking ahead.

I'm expecting to change at least 600G of water, 2x a month. Maybe more, depends if the situation is required. So... 100G is about $1 in water. So every I don't save this water, I'm losing about $12 in theory.

Solution, I bought a 3/4HP jet pump. Initial cost is over $350 with all the parts and stuff, but should pay itself off in under 2 years, and it's environmentally friendly. I guess I'll save $$$ on fertilizer too. That's about $50. :)

Pics tonight.

But one thing that shocked me the most is natural gas usage this month. I've been aggressively changing 600-1000G a week for the month of May. That uses up about 100-150G of super hot water. My gas bill slightly exceeded the coldest of winter months. I'm shocked b/c the furnace was barely used in the month of May! I think I need a holding tank just to warm water up on its own. :-(

Reaction score
You bet! My only issue is that the pond is in the basement. I needed something that can pump water fast with 9ft elevation with good PSI, especially if I want to use the sprinkler. The jet pump works great. Can't even tell the difference between tap and jet pump. :)

Reaction score
Not pretty to look at, but here it is.

Attachments

• jetpump.jpg
    jetpump.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 291

Ask a Question