Aqua Safe Cement or Bonding ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I would like to build my own Water fall with my own rocks stones I was wondering if there is some sort of cement which is none toxic to the fish, the fall I want to build will be a large one so will need strong bonding.

Any ideas would be great
Many thanks
John

Reaction score
Roadrunner said:
Hi I would like to build my own Water fall with my own rocks stones I was wondering if there is some sort of cement which is none toxic to the fish, the fall I want to build will be a large one so will need strong bonding.

Any ideas would be great
Many thanks
John

There is a black expandable foam, like the kind used for insulation around the home, that is UV safe as well as fish safe and can withstand being submerged in water. It is also called Pond Waterfall Foam. Some people use an aquarium safe silicone. There is also less expensive alternatives. KoiKeeper uses PL roofing & flashing urethane calk. I would think any product that can withstand the sun/UV, is food or fish safe, and is waterpfoof would be fine. There are some products that say "not reccomended" for underwater or aquariums, that doesn't mean they can't be used safely. Just a liability by the manufacturer.

Reaction score
The expanding foam "Great Stuff" can be found at Home Depot and Lowes. I haven't seen the black expanding foam at my Home Depot. I've had great success using the expanding foam to secure stones/rocks to my liner.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Thankyou for your reply after some searching I can only see this prodct for sale in the States I am in the U.K I have found another product called G4 this supposed to seal all chemicals e.g lime in the cement after being brushed over the dry cement ?
Thanks again
John

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
Roadrunner said:
Hi Thankyou for your reply after some searching I can only see this prodct for sale in the States I am in the U.K I have found another product called G4 this supposed to seal all chemicals e.g lime in the cement after being brushed over the dry cement ?
Thanks again
John

unfortunately many of the things that are on sale in the states are very hard to come by here in the uk
this might work http://www.completekoi.co.uk/product.asp?ProductID=574&ProductTypeID=62
i have never heard of g4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Stroppy
I have now found that I can add a waterproof compound to my cement (Sika) Then when it dries I paint Brush on the G4 Sealant and hopefully this should keep the lime In and water out according to the manufacture, I spoke to a pond shop owner here in the uk and he has built 2 Brick ponds and used the G4 to seal it, I am only going to be useing it on my homemade waterfall I will let you know when I have built it and used it thanks again forum for all your replys much appreciated.

Ask a Question