Aqua UV Ultima II 2000 Bead Filter w/1.5 in fittings

Reaction score
I'm thinking of upgrading to a 4000 in the same model. Our new pond will be about 4500 gallons.

These are great filters. I am totally satisfied, just would like to have one that could handle the new pond by itself. The 2000 is rated for a 2000 gallon pond.

I paid $560 and it's only been in service for a few months--I'd take $450. If anyone is interested, we can discuss shipping--It's not heavy, but will be oversized.

Rick,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What's the 4000 going to cost you?
QUOTE[=D&RW;26631]I'm thinking of upgrading to a 4000 in the same model. Our new pond will be about 4500 gallons.

These are great filters. I am totally satisfied, just would like to have one that could handle the new pond by itself. The 2000 is rated for a 2000 gallon pond.

I paid $560 and it's only been in service for a few months--I'd take $450. If anyone is interested, we can discuss shipping--It's not heavy, but will be oversized.

Rick,[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
With my fish load in the 4200 gallon pond your statement would be true. A friend of mine has a 9000 gallon pond with to large vortex settling chambers followed by two very large bead filters and that works great.
On my 4200 gallon pond I have a nexus 300 followed by a aquabead filter and that in the past has worked great for me.
But guess what? Fish keep growing and now I have about 15- 24"+ fish and the other8 aren't far behind. For over a year now I've been doing 2 25% water changes a week to keep them all happy and healthy. If I weren't so old and slow I would have the new pond finished to relieve the load on the small pond,

Reaction score
i can relate to the old and slow! LOL!

I'm concerned about the head pressure on these bead filters....I love the idea of the easy backwash tho. My old back can use that instead of reaching into my my filter pit to drain my barrel filter. My back just gets worse and worse as I get older.

I'm thinking of the Advantage bead filter as a possibility. Gotta love that 1 year free return if you're not happy...

Does you vortex help with the head pressure? I think these bead filters are often sold by manufacturers as a 1 product solution, and my gut tells me that it's just not the case.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
They have a new model Aquabead Alpha One filter that are available with low head pressure valve on them as well as the Advantage but they do cost a little more.
I sold a Advantage 10 to a guy here and had another friend set it up for him. It's been running about 2 weeks and yesterday he called and told me how much better his water was. He bought the house with the pond and said this is the first time he was able to see the bottom.
koikeepr said:
i can relate to the old and slow! LOL!

I'm concerned about the head pressure on these bead filters....I love the idea of the easy backwash tho. My old back can use that instead of reaching into my my filter pit to drain my barrel filter. My back just gets worse and worse as I get older.

I'm thinking of the Advantage bead filter as a possibility. Gotta love that 1 year free return if you're not happy...

Does you vortex help with the head pressure? I think these bead filters are often sold by manufacturers as a 1 product solution, and my gut tells me that it's just not the case.

Reaction score
Yes, I've read recently that the Advantage came out with a Multiport Valve Bypass version which should lower the head pressure significantly. I haven't yet checked it out, but I need to. I'm saving my pennies!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
When your ready to buy PM me and I'll give you a great deal.
Are you in a koi club in NC?
koikeepr said:
Yes, I've read recently that the Advantage came out with a Multiport Valve Bypass version which should lower the head pressure significantly. I haven't yet checked it out, but I need to. I'm saving my pennies!

Reaction score
DoDad--the least cost I can find the 2 inch Ultima II 4000 for is $975 with free shipping. I'd really like to have one, but pretty much need to sell my 2000 first.

PS3

Reaction score
i was thinking about buying one of these Ultima II 2000 Bead Filter.
i talked to the guy on the phoe nad he said that they did not come with the uv light.
and after i got the price for teh whole set up i cant afford it lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What size pond do you have?
PS3 said:
i was thinking about buying one of these Ultima II 2000 Bead Filter.
i talked to the guy on the phoe nad he said that they did not come with the uv light.
and after i got the price for teh whole set up i cant afford it lol

Ask a Question