aquaponics editable landscaping.

Reaction score
Anyone here done any aquaponic with their garden ponds, I would like to finish my garden area out using edible landscapeing. I would love to hear any experiences.
Debra Queen

Reaction score
I don't know about the pond proper, but I keep chives in my stream and they do very well. This year I plan to put tomatoes & peppers in deep pots and set them in the stream. I know that tomatoes will do well in this situation. Problem, not very pretty but fun to experiment with:claphands:. The plants draw their nutrients as well as moisture from the water if you keep fish.

Reaction score
I've tried, putting some pots of lettuce in gravel into my filter. But it just barely survives. Anything in the pond gets eaten by the goldies.My rebuild plans include a "bog" area with plants in pots exchanging water with the pond but with the fish kept out. If I succeed, I can grow duckweed there.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I will be putting veggies in our bog. They should do fine, pea gravel and water and fish poop.............well once I get some fish in the pond.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have never thought about trying this, I have 7 3x10 raised garden beds and ran out of room, I just added more gardening space.

Thank you..........

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
taherrmann4 said:
ok so I decided to try and grow some lettuce in my creek, will see what happens.

Well my report it that the lettuce has not died but has not grown either.....So probably not a good fit for aquaponics.

Ask a Question