Aquascape pond powerhead thoughts/concerns

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

Thinking about purchasing an Aquascape pond powerhead to move some water around my 2500+ gal koi pond in the shallower end. Haven't found many reviews or concerns of the powerhead. Just seeking advice if worthy of the purchase or other concerns/reliability. Thanks much for your time and thoughts.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I think @Jhn uses them and likes them. Seems like a good product for a pond that’s already built and needs more circulation. Think the main gripe is that they clog up frequently and need cleaning.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Yep have 2 of them in my pond they work pretty well, but do need to clean them every once in awhile. Not as often as I thought though.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1652200530681.gif
@hobie61

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
All I know is they push an insane amount of water and only consume 40 watts (12V) .

Yes, because they aren’t working against any head pressure. They just take water from behind them and push it a few inches. Great for circulation/fixing a dead zone, but that’s about it.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Just pull them out of the water and hose them down with a spray from the hose. Not much work to get to and clean from where I have them positioned.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A lesser pond will require they be cleaned more often @Jhn has a well established pond and he has been keeping fish a good many years

Ask a Question