Aquascaped ponds?

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Ok first let me say when I say aquascaped, I don't mean landscape... Im mean submerged, planted, aquascaping in a pond just like a regular aquascape.
Anyone have any pics of a pond that has been aquascaped? wether its yours or someone elses I would love to see those pictures. My pond will be aquascaped with hopefully some just generally low light low care plants (as I cannot dose the amount of nutrients in a HUGE pond without it needing some major cash) like bolbotis and java fern sp. anubias sp., ludwigia sp. stargrass etc etc
I googled it and cant find any pics!
Thanks!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I think you'll find that most people with ponds have fish and growing submerged plants can be challenging when greedy fish are in the picture.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Indeed.

Let me ask you this - how would an aquascaped pond add to the enjoyment of your pond? I can see why a tank is cool, but a pond is viewed from the top, not the side.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Indeed.

Let me ask you this - how would an aquascaped pond add to the enjoyment of your pond? I can see why a tank is cool, but a pond is viewed from the top, not the side.
have you never seen an aquascape from the top of the tank?
If not then I can see why you asked this... lol!

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
upload_2017-5-21_19-21-1.jpeg

Tom barrs old tank.
http://forum.aquatic-gardeners.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1474&start=60

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Then you know its a completely different viewing experience. Just like some fish are better viewed from the side while koi are bred to be viewed from the top. An aquascaped tank is going to be very different than a pond.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Then you know its a completely different viewing experience. Just like some fish are better viewed from the side while koi are bred to be viewed from the top. An aquascaped tank is going to be very different than a pond.
I don't think you are understanding what im saying.
let me put it like this and maybe my words will seem clearer, idk why this is a big deal, And why not do it, its fun as shiz, and its just apart of my hobby ;)
Rather you stare at a black bottom, or red, oranges, greens, carpeting the bottom of your pond? no matter the depth your plants will grow towards the sunlight with proper nutrition. They will eventually reach the surface of your pond. Also and underwater camera captures this beauty.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Well, I guess we'll see when you get that pond built! I look forward to watching your process.

P.S. The bottom of my pond isn't black, it's full of pretty gravel. Gravel that my fish love to pick through and move from place to place in my pond.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
upload_2017-5-21_19-43-10.jpeg

upload_2017-5-21_19-43-19.jpeg

upload_2017-5-21_19-43-37.jpeg

You could also stick your head in the water (maybe swim in it with a wetsuit) to view your planting and tend to it, from above I imagine these would look amazing as well. Just some inspiration of my own (found) im throwing out there.

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-21_19-43-27.jpeg
    upload_2017-5-21_19-43-27.jpeg
    11.4 KB · Views: 170

Ask a Question