Aquascapes pump RIP.

Reaction score
I've had an Aquascapes pump in my pondless waterfall for three years and ten months (it had a 3-year warranty). With it being a pump for a pondless waterfall it only gets used 6 months of the year and for about 12 hours daily. Last week it just quit on me. I took it apart and found the ceramic impeller shaft had broken. I phoned Aquascapes and sent in some pics of the problem. Today I got an e-mail from Ryan in the tech services department. It said -

"We are not able to get the part you need. Unfortunately you will need to replace the pump."

This was an Aquascapes AS 2000 pump that cost me $330 up here in Canada. It's less than four years old and they don't stock parts for it? It's a throw-away pump? Sorry Aquascapes but that's not good enough. Your customer service and committment is disgusting. My pump has now been replaced with a Laguna and my dealer claims he's gotten spare parts for ten year old pumps.

Next I'll take a drive to my local Aquascapes dealer and tell him my findings.

slakker

AKA Mike
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
That sucks... good to know as I was wondering what pump to use if the one I have goes... I'm actually using a eheim pump from my salt reef setup, and they're pretty bullet proof in the reefing community.

Ask a Question