Aquascapes pump RIP.

Discussion in 'Pond Construction & Equipment' started by Mike T., Jul 22, 2013.

1. Mike T.

Mike T.

I've had an Aquascapes pump in my pondless waterfall for three years and ten months (it had a 3-year warranty). With it being a pump for a pondless waterfall it only gets used 6 months of the year and for about 12 hours daily. Last week it just quit on me. I took it apart and found the ceramic impeller shaft had broken. I phoned Aquascapes and sent in some pics of the problem. Today I got an e-mail from Ryan in the tech services department. It said -

"We are not able to get the part you need. Unfortunately you will need to replace the pump."

This was an Aquascapes AS 2000 pump that cost me $330 up here in Canada. It's less than four years old and they don't stock parts for it? It's a throw-away pump? Sorry Aquascapes but that's not good enough. Your customer service and committment is disgusting. My pump has now been replaced with a Laguna and my dealer claims he's gotten spare parts for ten year old pumps.

Next I'll take a drive to my local Aquascapes dealer and tell him my findings.

Mike T., Jul 22, 2013
    addy1, HARO and Mmathis like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Mike T.

slakker AKA Mike

That sucks... good to know as I was wondering what pump to use if the one I have goes... I'm actually using a eheim pump from my salt reef setup, and they're pretty bullet proof in the reefing community.

slakker, Jul 23, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question