Are inflatable pools safe for pondwater?

gblazzo

gblazzo
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
I want to empty my pond in order to catch the goldfish to rehome them. Is a new inflatable pool safe to pump my pond water into and put back in the pond once the unwanted fish are netted, or are there chemicals in these kinds of pools that will contaminate my water? I plan on keeping my koi so i dont want to foul my water.

gblazzo

gblazzo
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
And another thing, my new avatar is a real current and ongoing ISSUE. It’s taken 1 goldfish that I’m aware of, it keeps returning and it’s very smart.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The inflatable pools are safe. Make sure you put netting over it to keep your fish from jumping out and then keep your pond netted to keep Mr Heron out!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I always worry about manufacturing residue with something plastic, so if it were me I'd give it a hose down first and, if I could do it easily, put an activated carbon filter in there. Just as a precaution.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
I always worry about manufacturing residue with something plastic, so if it were me I'd give it a hose down first and, if I could do it easily, put an activated carbon filter in there. Just as a precaution.
I “heard” that the pools have an anti-bacterial agent. Don’t know if that’s true. Toss an air stone with a carbon sock on it. I probably would.

Ask a Question