Are these dead?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I brought my plants up from 2nd shelf in pond after the pond thawed out and they started growing vigorously but then we had a drop in temperature for a few days well below freezing and I noticed they haven’t been growing ....this is what they look like (brown tops) Are they dead or will they come back?

Attachments

• E04BB1C5-AD54-4EF6-B46B-0DC9459ADA76.jpeg
    E04BB1C5-AD54-4EF6-B46B-0DC9459ADA76.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 66
Reaction score
Country
United States
As long as part of the plant is still green, I would say it will recover. If you have any more really cold weather forecast, I would drop it back down.

I have these grasses or iris plants an inch or so below the waterline should I have the crown above the waterline what are your thoughts?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
If they are yellow flag iris, they should be fine as they are. I have a clump that has spread like crazy and the corms/rhizomes/bulbs (not sure which is the correct term) are blooping out, down, up and around. They are in different depths - some just below the surface and some completely out of the water! You may have a different situation, though, being up in such a cold part of the country! (We were 83 today!)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just about Every plants that over winters that does not have limbs or branches will have brown tips from the cold.

Ask a Question