Are these parasites?

Reaction score
I just had another small koi die on me. I picked him up in the skimmer and I saw lots of tiny worms, clearly visible with the naked eye. Are these parasites? Which ones? They dont look like anchor worms to me from what Ive seen or? :

[ame]

Sorry for all the dirt, its skimmer water, but you cant miss them.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Not anchor worms, I'm with 27Goldfish, what I see in the bucket looks to be mosquito larvae.

Reaction score
Oh no.. mosquito's lol. Well, thats good news I guess. This was another of my KSD affected fish that I didnt manage to catch and treat. Thats 3 out of 5 that died so far. While 0 out of 5 for the ones I treated.

Anyway, I also scraped and scoped the fish, 4 times, skin and gills, and I got to see one (I guess) parasite, but it doesnt look like anything I can find on the web. The closest match is gill flukes, but it looked quite different. It was very small (had the scope on 600x), long like shaped like a worm and it looked as if its neck split in to a Y and had 2 heads. Here is what I found on youtube being the closest match, but still different enough that Im pretty sure its something else:
[ame]

But since I really could find only one in several scrapes, Im not gonna assume its what killed it.

Ask a Question