Arrghhh!!!!!

BBK

Reaction score
I just came home to find my pond completely drained. Some genius thought it would be a good prank to unplug my UV last night and just let my pond drain. All of my fish were sitting in 1" of water gasping for air. I managed to scoop up all of my fish and put them in a 50g tub in the basement until I get everything figured out. Stupid kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm putting my game camera up next to the pond so I can catch those little Sh*ts on camera if they come back!
:banghead3::banghead3::banghead3::banghead3:
Arrghhh I needed somewhere to vent

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Another reason for no bottom drain and for putting your submersible pump several inches above the bottom. If for some reason, the water get re-directed, the pond will hold enough water to save the fish.

BBK

Reaction score
I'm putting my new pump a few inches off the bottom. I'm just going to leave the fish in the barrel with a filter and good media from my tropical tank until my new pump and filter comes.

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your fish ...hope they will all be ok ... good idea about the camera ive got one on the house pointing at the pond as mine is in my front garden i too worry about someone playing about with mine

BBK

Reaction score
Here are the pics. I figured since it was drained for a day that all the bacteria attached to the sides would be dead so I went ahead and did some late-spring cleaning.

Before. This is how I found it, there were 7 fish and a turtle laying in 1" of water.
100_0188.jpg

100_0187.jpg

After 5 hours of work.
100_0193.jpg

100_0192.jpg

BBK

Reaction score
Yes the fish are doing fine. Doing water changes 3 times a day in the barrel. As soon as my new filter and pump comes in the mail I will be able to fill the pond back up and transfer them.

I'm thinking of fitting a float switch on my pond. That way if the water drops, lets say 12" the pump will shut off.

Reaction score
If it makes you feel better.....2 years ago the kids next door threw hundreds of rocks into my pond and turned my spitter so it was draining the pond. Luckly I came home from work in time so the pond hadn't drained completly. I got a "No trespassing" order agianst them. This means if they step foot on my property they will be arrested for trespassing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leolady

Latest Threads