Article Section

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
In the coming month we'll hopefully have an article section added to GPF, I'm just waiting on a little bit of free time to get the coding done :D.

I've had some PMs about content that we can add to the new section already, but if you've got any ideas about articles that you'd like to see, or think you could write some articles that would be of interest, please do let me know in this thread :).

I'm hoping that the new section will prove especially useful to new ponders, as we've got some really useful information on the forums that would be great to highlight.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of adding the article section now, but it would be really helpful to get some category suggestions so that articles aren't lumped all together.

If you've got some ideas on how to categorise things, I'd really like to hear your suggestions. For example:

• Illness and Disease
  • Pond Maintenance
  • DIY and Pond Construction
  • etc...
All of the articles will be in the same place, but these categories will help people locate a specific article more easily as the numbers grow.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Are you going to have the articles not allow responses? I would think locking the articles with the statement to make responses, ask ?? start a thread on it. I think that would keep them a lot cleaner.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Are you going to have the articles not allow responses? I would think locking the articles with the statement to make responses, ask ?? start a thread on it. I think that would keep them a lot cleaner.

It's a whole new section to the site, not as part of the forum itself - so the articles won't be able to have direct replies, there will be a separate "discussion" button to take you to a linked thread on the forums :). Once I've got the article categories sorted I'll open up the article section so you guys can see what I mean.

You'll like how it works, I'm sure :D

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sounds neat, thanks for working on it

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think this is really going to be a great addition to the forum. Thanks Ian :smuggrin:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like a good plan Ian cant wait to see it up and running

Dave

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a