Ash Slab Table

B

Burd

IMG_7612.JPG
A buddy cut this Slab for me a few years ago. Another friend has a Custom Furniture shop, well I dropped off the Slab, I'm too busy remodeling the house to finish it, plus I needed accustom steel base, he came up with this.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my dad used to do that when he cleared land for the builders .He would pick choice trees .My mom was I think the first person ever to have live wood edged counter tops back in the 60's .I just wish I had pics of all the stuff ..He made all kinds of stuff besides selling firewood working nights at Kentile flooring factory and working our farm .He never stopped .

B

Burd

Thanks, I tried counting the rings, it's around 50 years old it looks like. I like it in the Sunroom.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I was in a furniture store the other day and was surprised how many pieces were made from ash. It seems to go really well with contemporary furniture styles.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ash is a good stable wood and really nice grain to it and finish's even better than oak and maple .I wanted ash kitchen cabinets but back in 2004 and being in a rush I could not find them .Now you see them .

Ask a Question