Asking for color help again

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Going crazy trying to select coordinating colors for the garage door, wood portion of house, upper trim/gutter and back of house shutters. Pictures attached. All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Photos:
Back of house showing garage, back shutters, wood/trim portion
Brick and roof and upper trim in bright sunlight
Front of house on sunny day (front shutters no longer on house)

Attachments

• 066 back of house.jpg
    066 back of house.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 415
  • DSC_0003 brick and roof.jpg
    DSC_0003 brick and roof.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 386
  • DSC_0134-1.JPG
    DSC_0134-1.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 336
Reaction score
Ohhh boy, I am afraid to comment, dont want to offend LOL ... We dont have many brick homes here, so I cant say I have seen brick with x color and liked it or what not.

I LOVE the front of the house... very pretty house ... like the brick with the black shutters, white trim, and wood colored front door ... The garage end, looks really ugly in comparison ... I dont mind the garage door and trim being white, that seems RIGHT, but the clapboards on that upstairs area needs something to contrast, that goes with the brick ... which is what I dont know LOL ... No help, I know LOL...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
capewind said:
Ohhh boy, I am afraid to comment, dont want to offend LOL ... We dont have many brick homes here, so I cant say I have seen brick with x color and liked it or what not.

I LOVE the front of the house... very pretty house ... like the brick with the black shutters, white trim, and wood colored front door ... The garage end, looks really ugly in comparison ... I dont mind the garage door and trim being white, that seems RIGHT, but the clapboards on that upstairs area needs something to contrast, that goes with the brick ... which is what I dont know LOL ... No help, I know LOL...
No offense taken. We hate everything white. Tornado blew the shutters off. Too expensive to replace and not expensive enough to make insurance claim. Wish we would have had the entire housed bricked but we were trying to save money back when the house was built 20 years ago. If you think of anything give a shout! Oh, that front door is a heavy weight fiberglass with wood grain and oak stain finish $$$$.

Reaction score
Big Lou said:
No offense taken. We hate everything white. Tornado blew the shutters off. Too expensive to replace and not expensive enough to make insurance claim. Wish we would have had the entire housed bricked but we were trying to save money back when the house was built 20 years ago. If you think of anything give a shout! Oh, that front door is a heavy weight fiberglass with wood grain and oak stain finish $$$$.
I dont know what goes with brick LOL ... Our last house was white on white and hated it ... I like white as an accent color, like on the trim or garage door, but after the white house last time, I painted this one BRIGHT YELLOW. If you go to my FB album "our yard bit by bit" you can see how obnoxious it is there. Still need hubby to build the shutters. Damn near broke my neck painting the house ... Note to self ... NEVER dance standing near the top of an extension ladder LOL.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm never good at that. I always "pick" the wrong color when I watch home improvement shows...... And then when they eventually choose a color (not the one I chose), it looks so fantastic!

Not white, for sure. The front door looks nice and with the white trim. Why not a similar color, or take a color from the brick palate.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Definitely pick something that goes with your brick and roof. We had a new roof put on, chocolate brown, and the brick on our foundation and our chimney are a mix of reds and orange. We painted the foundation and part of the chimney. Wouldn't recommend doing this but I hate the brick and it won't go with the green siding-

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Maybe something like the color of your front door for the garage door but I'm also envisioning some black in the mix somewhere and then for the house boards above the garage something to match the bricky colors. I don't think I'm being much help here. Hey maybe a black garage door or wait red.........ok maybe not............can't decide and glad it's you that has to :biggrin:

Hey wait they have those sites on the net where you can put the photo of your house in their somehow and pick colors and put them on the photo and gives you an idea what it will look like.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I,d paint the white siding a nice burnt orange. Actually, if I had my way I'd paint everything orange!! :cheerful: I just LOVE the colour!
John

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Are you going to paint the shutters black like the front ?
I might go with a light grey/blue paint for the walls.
The bricks would stand out and it would go well with the roof.

But hey I am no deco person.

Ruben

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ruben Miranda said:
Hello

Ruben
Thanks Ruben. The front shutters are no longer in place. They were blown off.

Reaction score
after thinking on it for a bit, I was thinking above the garage a tan color, keeping the garage door white ... I asked hubby, and he said blue would jump off the brick nicely, and he also said keep the garage door white ...

SOOOO... when are you going to tell us all what CATHY decided on???

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ruben Miranda said:
Hello

Ruben
The shutters wii be black. The georigan brick has random black, gray and off white in them so the upper trim will be white or off white. I'll test grays on the siding and white, off whites on the garage door using Sherwin Williams vitural painting app.

Ask a Question