addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I managed to get a video of ponies, they walked right in front of our sun shelter. Then the ranger chased them down the beach, but they came right back.
They were sleeping on the beach again, trying to get a break from the bugs and heat.

IMG_0249.JPG

Time to get up!
IMG_0251.JPG
IMG_0254.JPG

Beach walk line up
IMG_0255.JPG

About 15 feet in front of us
IMG_0259.JPG

They try to keep them away from the beach sitters...............they use a spray bottle with water and a bit of vinegar

But they come right back

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Awesome, and thanks for sharing! What a little girl's dream come true! Do they geld the males or are they free-breeding herds? Just curious, as a couple of the ponies looked to be in foal -- or very well fed.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Cool...........but when I clicked on the thread I expected to see peonies.

So, I ended up with four-legged peonies.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Awesome, and thanks for sharing! What a little girl's dream come true! Do they geld the males or are they free-breeding herds? Just curious, as a couple of the ponies looked to be in foal -- or very well fed.
The horses are on their own, free breeding, no vets, if one gets hurt real bad, they will put it down. I noticed the girth also, I do not know if there is a "breeding" season in wild ponies, like deer breed in the fall.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Was fun watching them. Must be a full time job trying to keep them where they want them to stay. Losing battle I fear :rolleyes:

Missy is so cute trying to figure out those darn crabs! Has she ever gotten right up nose to nose w/one? Maybe she would get pinched :oops:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Was fun watching them. Must be a full time job trying to keep them where they want them to stay. Losing battle I fear :rolleyes:

Missy is so cute trying to figure out those darn crabs! Has she ever gotten right up nose to nose w/one? Maybe she would get pinched :oops:
They only chase them when they are in front of the life guard area, between two flags on the beach. ow the horses can stay on the beach. That is the area they are "responsible" for and a lot of kids are usually in that area.

The sand crabs disappear so fast none stick around to bite her nose. They pop up and down constantly.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I managed to get a video of ponies, they walked right in front of our sun shelter. Then the ranger chased them down the beach, but they came right back.
They were sleeping on the beach again, trying to get a break from the bugs and heat.

View attachment 93631

Time to get up! View attachment 93632 View attachment 93633

Beach walk line up View attachment 93634

About 15 feet in front of us View attachment 93635

They try to keep them away from the beach sitters...............they use a spray bottle with water and a bit of vinegar

But they come right back
They are so beautiful!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucaryan

Latest Threads