At long last .......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Well the game is a foot as Sherlock Holmes is quoted as saying why ??? well after a year of illness plus the birth of his daughter last Jeff year is now set to finish the ponds cosmmetic side this year.
So far he's dug out a yuka plant and a large fushia bush leveled the earth around the pond and has laid the sheeting to stop weeds etc from growing.
Tomorrow hes going to shift and lay a whole dumpy bag of gravel then the next day we are going to set about the painting of the decking .
We are going to also paint and varnish around the edges of the pond.
He's also built me a walkway around te filter housing giving me easy access to the filtration and their slide Valves .
Then all the koi have to go up on the walls of our house and around the pond area .
Next year we will paint the retaining wall and add fencing add some plants and bushes around the pond .
But we can report that the cosmetic side is fast getting done , and Jeff says when finished it will look great , we will finish it off with the tile that Val's cousin had engraved for us with a koi and Dave and Val's pond which I think you'll agree is a nice finishing touch

Dave

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Can't wait to see pics. But what do you mean by, "the koi have to go up on the walls of our house and around the pond area." You must mean some decorative artwork, and not living koi, right?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, my thoughts entirely, I was a little worried when I read that!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
:LOL: thanx Maria yes you are indeed correct when you mean koi decorations , I have from time to time seen the odd Wooden Koi Company koi on one or two of our members photo's of their ponds .
The wooden koi company came about some years ago now and since then the owners of the site have travelled the world selling their unique product :-

http://www.thewoodenkoicompany.com/

If anyone is interested Maggie and her husband Nigel export their wares abroad and Maggie is a brilliant artist as you will see from the website link I've added .
I wont say which ones we bought that will be a suprise for when we are totally finished but we did buy quite a few :happy:
As for progress would you believe after four days of clear weather we have drizzle today so you could say for the moment rain has stopped play

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Will be neat to see all that you have done @Dave 54
Sounds like you and Val are having lots of fun :happy:
Getting a huge plant out of a pond is hard on the body. I just got one out a day ago. It was a giant reed type plant that was taking over my pond. It was about 4feet tall and 3feet wide and heavy as an elephant. I had to reach in there and cut it all off first and then saw it up in pieces before I could even try to drag it up and out. My muscles will be hurting for awhile.
It's the tall one on the left:

IMG_7422.JPG

Ask a Question