water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We took 1/3 that amount of time and we had no clue what we were doing! o_O
I dug my own, moved every rock, every bucket of dirt, hubby helped with the liner, it was my keep busy project while he worked. Took around 2-3 months to get water into it. Then the tweaking, rocks, added ponds, plants etc.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Well you basically moved a mountain! If I hired a professional to build a pond and they said 2-3 months, I'd be concerned. You can't be making money working that slowly. Or you're doing a lot of jobs at the same time.

@foothill999 - you have far more patience than I ever would. I have literally never heard of a professional pond builder that stopped to take time to test a pond for leaks. And how exactly is he doing that? Looking at what he has yet to do - how does he plan to conceal all that liner? Is the waterfall going to flow down over that liner that's being held up by cement blocks there? That liner should be under the waterfall, not over it if I'm understanding what I'm seeing. Sorry - I'm a bit worried for you!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It looks like the upper basin and waterfall was built on top of the liner as far as I can tell from the pictures, but I'm just guessing. The project looks very interesting so far and I'm excited to see what it's going to look like when it's finished. @foothill999 Please keep us updated on the progress and post lots of pictures!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
looking at what's left to cover it appears there's no brick shelf to start or terminate the stones to bring up and cover the liner as it comes up out of the pond.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
looking at what's left to cover it appears there's no brick shelf to start or terminate the stones to bring up and cover the liner as it comes up out of the pond.
I was wondering that also, how are they going to cover up all that exposed liner.

Ask a Question