August 2021 Photo of the Month - Summer

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The August 2021 Photo of the Month competition is now open for entries! :snaphappy:

Here are the rules:
  • The theme this month is "Summer"
  • No more than one submission per member.
  • The photo must be your own (although not necessarily taken in your own garden)
  • If you would like to make a submission, please reply to this topic and attach your photo (with a description if you want).
  • Please submit your photos no later than July 20th.
  • Once all submissions have been made, there will be a poll in the forum to select the winner.
  • In the event of a tie, the admin will cast the deciding vote
  • Please only reply to this topic if you are making an entry. Please do not make any comments on the other photos, you will have the opportunity to make comments when the poll is released on July 21st.
The winner will be announced on August 1st, and the winning photo will be displayed on the forum main page during August.

Good luck! :D

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a simple fish pond I built 20 years ago, just replaced the liner, lasted all that time, what a job I can tell you...getting the fish out that is.
They are easy to construct and when built you can say I DID THAT!
IMG_20210705_124252.jpg

Friends, relations often look into the pool when they come to our home and it starts a conversation.
We knew nothing about fish but we bought some, kept the water clear with filters etc and the fish seem happy,

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neither its a Robin in front of a Hibiscus plant that was taken with a standard zoom lens . zoom lens bring objects appearance closer so the flower that look like its right next to the bird was probably two feet away.

Jagsfan

Donor
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
This is my 5 yr old in front of our newly finished pond. He has been fascinated with the dragonflies and other insects that have been drawn in because of it. He started collecting "cool stuff" from around the pond to "study" with his microscope. I have enjoyed the pond very much and usually spend multiple hours a day sitting beside it, but a kids amazement and wonder is equally fun to behold. Happy Summer!

Attachments

• Summer.jpg
    Summer.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 46

Ask a Question