Automated feeding to prevent unnatural behavior.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
thats part of the fun.of having the pond....but it doesnt take long for them to recognize those who feed them and those who dont... mine only come to see me and a few others. but will look, see me and follow me around the pond like a bunch of puppies that see snausages in my hand. myself..i wouldnt have it any other way!

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
im going to try that as my fish are starting to come to my hand for food now ...the babies are very brave and this i think has helped the older ones not to be so scared of me

Reaction score
BB-Koi-Keeper said:
Never would have guessed they like peas!

Oh yes! You must try baby peas. Koi and goldfish love 'em. Plus, not only are they nutritionally beneficial, but they actually serve a positive health purpose in that they help prevent constipation in your fish.

You haven't lived until you've seen a fish enjoy canned peas! Don't forget to remove that thin outer casing before tossing 'em in, as fish can find that part hard to digest. I normally just pinch the pea before throwing it in, and the casing kind of falls off.

Ask a Question