Automatic Koi Feeder

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Here's my little pond :lol: It came with the house when I bought the house, but I love it! It has 3 koi in it.

Unfortunately, I often go for business trips, and there is a problem with feeding the fish. Usually I ask my neighbours to do it, but sometimes I feel uncomfortable to ask them all the time. I am thinking of getting and automatic koi feeder. Does anybody have one? Does anybody know anything of them?

I would be grateful for any advice.

Attachments

• P1060192.jpg
    P1060192.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 310
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have them and sell them,
The pull string type are really nice looking and fun to watch the koi pull the string to get food. They sell for around $150
Lots of fat koi and fouled water.
The other type is on a timer and you can set it up to feed four times a day.
no fat koi and better water.

Attachments

• kichisystem.jpg
    kichisystem.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 298
  • dreampondkoifeed.jpg
    dreampondkoifeed.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 355
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I tried to find a video with no luck. If they can play soccer they can pull a string.

Reaction score
How long and how often are you gone? Even in an aquarium, fish will be fine for several days without food. In a pond, it's not likely your fish would ever starve to death. True, the fish won't grow as fast, but if your pond is small, maybe that's a good thing.

Overfeeding is one of the most common problems in ponds, hence asking the neighbors to take care of it may be more trouble than it's worth.

Reaction score
Thank you all for advice. I am thinking about the one with a timer. Usually I feed them once a day or once in 2 days. I leave sometimes for a month, but it might be longer in future... I wonder if I have one, can I go and just ask the guy who cuts my grass to have a look if it works properly, he comes every 2 weeks.

Reaction score
Otter said:
How long and how often are you gone? Even in an aquarium, fish will be fine for several days without food. In a pond, it's not likely your fish would ever starve to death. True, the fish won't grow as fast, but if your pond is small, maybe that's a good thing.

Overfeeding is one of the most common problems in ponds, hence asking the neighbors to take care of it may be more trouble than it's worth.

I agree. I go away for a week for work and I just don't have them fed. Don't trust anyone to do it for me. And they are perfectly fine.

Reaction score
it works great bolt it on your own 5 gal. bucket or larger has a timer like a sprinkler timer. throughs the food out about ten feet with a fan type impeller. like i said 1 second is a handfull of food so you must have more then a few fish.

Ask a Question