Automatic water treatment doser

The PondFather

The PondFather with my Grandson enjoying my pond
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
I find my pond stays very clean and so I'm constantly forgetting to add some water treatment bacteria. I like to add beneficial bacteria regularly to the pond as I know the filter pads stay cleaner and it's better for the fish to add treatments all season. Here's an auto doser I've got my eye on that sell for $129.98 with a full treatment bag that's worth $29.98. Seems like a great idea to keep your pond functioning at it's best all the time. Here's the link to the video description:
96030-31 Automatic Dosing System Ponds-Fountains.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
It looks like some dealers are coming closer to hooking up a line directly to an unsuspecting ponder's wallet.
Pondfather frequently posts topics that seem promotional for Aquascape products.
I hope he is paying Ian and Becky.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
It looks like some dealers are coming closer to hooking up a line directly to an unsuspecting ponder's wallet.
Pondfather frequently posts topics that seem promotional for Aquascape products.
I hope he is paying Ian and Becky.

His son owns the company and unless he (The Pondfather) has retired, he is a company officer.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
That's disappointing to hear.
Sites like this cost money to run and I don't like seeing someone take advantage of a great site like this.

Pondfather, and other vendors for that matter, maybe try promoting the use of plants instead of products that are detrimental to a pond.
Tell us which plants do better at consuming ammonia, which plants like full sun, which ones like partial shade, which one are helpful at reducing nitrates and which mediums they prefer. Maybe try selling some media that they do well in, which pumps are effecient, which are not, maybe advertise some floating plant "islands" that will help improve water quality. Educate us about water quality and how it can affect plants performance.
We are looking for the kind of information that is helpful to ponders, not how they can spend money and wind up frustrated because what you're selling doesn't work.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
PondFather save your money and buy a water filter like one of these :-

http://www.vyair.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=67

The cartridges are cheaper and it will filter around 2-300,000 gallons US before you need change the three cartridges again , so its paid for itself many times over .;)
20" three stage filters housing complete with filters Suitable for pre filtration for Reverse Osmosis, Aquatics & Similar

About it

Will improve quality of water
5 micron particle filter (PP) Stage 1
Granular Activated Carbon filter (GAC) Stage 2
Block Carbon filter (CTO) Stage 3
Manufactured from heavy duty food grade plastic.
Fitted with air-bleed button
1/2" BSP threaded connections
delivered also with 1/2" hose tail connections
Optional fittings for 15mm pushfit connections

Technical Information

Stage 1 removes ,sand,dirt,iron & other particles Stage 2 removes Chlorine & dissolved organic contaminants. Stage 3 further removes contaminants from water. We stock large range of 20" filter elements Particle Filters 5 microns Granular Activated Carbon GAC Block Carbon Filters CTO Resin Filters
This product is made from heavy duty food grade plastic, casings. The filters are manufactured by a quality ISO 9001 company a member of the Quality Water Association of America

Dave

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I did not realize that this site had paid sponsors/advertisers. .
If you view the site as a guest, not logging on as a member, there are some ads displayed. Those folks support this site and I don't believe Aquascape is among them.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
The subject of discussion , unpaid advertising, is exactly why I am using Facebook less and less. On some forums on FB, 'Sneaky Pete' advertisers, are posting so frequently that it borders on being Spam. For some reason, the forum administrators are reluctant to take any action.

As a professional Water Feature Design/Build contractor, I find the practice of using a Forum for unpaid promotion of a business or product especially loathsome and highly unethical.

Ask a Question