Autumn &winter food

Reaction score
I am looking to but some wheatgerm & garlic food ready for autumn/winter but the only one ive found so far is NT labs Medikoi wheatgerm & garlic. I have used this before and the fish seemed to like it ??.
I was wondering what makes of food does everyone else feed there fish in autumn/winter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Any good koi food willo as long as its wheatgerm and garlic Nt Lanbs is a very good make , I suppose its really down to what is available in your neck of the UK

Dave

Reaction score
After doing a search on the internet for wheatgerm & Garlic thats the only make that came up ??
Do you think that I should be feeding wheatgerm & garlic or just wheatgerm?
Do you know is it better to have garlic added already or buy a spray and add it yourself ?? I guess the added garlic is prob less hassle !!

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
After doing a search on the internet for wheatgerm & Garlic thats the only make that came up ??
Do you think that I should be feeding wheatgerm & garlic or just wheatgerm?
Do you know is it better to have garlic added already or buy a spray and add it yourself ?? I guess the added garlic is prob less hassle !!

No opinion/knowledge about whether garlic is good as an additive for an autumn/winter food, but I don't see why not.

But as far as using a food with it [garlic] already added, vs adding the garlic..... I've thought about this, too. I would think that if you added it to the food [as in a spray], the liquid [or surface-added] garlic would diffuse into the water. Whereas a food with it already added would be more likely to be consumed as a whole.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Seachems do a extract of garlic Willo , I've just ordered my NT Labs wheatgerm and garlic enough to last until late spring when we stop feedig it again dont forget though 10c and you have to stop feeding

Dave

Ask a Question