Aww, this sucks!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
For the last few days my pond pump has been sucking air and I have been having to clean the prefilters twice a day, I kept thinking something wasn't right, Yesterday I topped the pond off and this morning the pump was sucking air, went to go clean the prefilters and OH now where is my water? Lucky I planned for this just in case, The fish have enough water to survive, but a reair is got to happen right away. Looks like the pipe going to the back of the skimmer has broken loose, all the ground there is wet and very soft, looks like I'll be getting a shovel out and doing plumbing repairs today. Ugghhhh, this is going to stink!

Reaction score
Put some aftershave under your nose, that will help with the smell. I am in and out of strangers houses all day for my job. It works wonders! Good luck.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Glad your fish were ok! fishin you planned well.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Did some modifications while repairing, decided I wanted to add a valve for flow control and so I can shut any back flow from the filter back to the pond when I unplug the pump. this will allow the water to stay in the filter container so I can clean the media in the filter back flush it and back up and running, so I guess I got something positive accomplished during the repair job. Wasn't as bad as I expected other than the two trips back and forth to Lowes. Had to replace the pump as I broke the neck off the return side while cutting the pipe to replace the leaking joint. Well anyway, It's back up and running and everyone looks to be doing good. I figured I would post a pic and while I was at it took a few more, check out the first night bloom of the season! I love this lily!
Oh well the pic of the repair wouldn't load and I was this far so you get to see the lily and not the repair job. LOL sometimes it jus beez that way....

Attachments

• torn liner 001.jpg
    torn liner 001.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 211
  • torn liner 002.jpg
    torn liner 002.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 206
  • torn liner 004.jpg
    torn liner 004.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 232

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh your plants always look so nice and healthy and here I am trying to contend with the terror in my pond called aggie .She is after the lilies again and has torn several leaves off .She also got a hold of one of the water lettuce that are in the plant ring and ripped it to shreds .See when you do one thing fishin always something you wanted to do to start with you get done when something goes wrong

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ms aggie is mad at me because I yelled at her so she went to the other end of the pond and would not even come over to eat .Thats a first for her ,problem is she is queen and she knows it .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just checked the pond usually do at night just in case and I guess all is forgiven because she came over when she heard me talking to the frogs out by the pond .I have about 12 of them out there right now eating bugs over by the light I keep on the pond at night .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad you are done being sucky fishin and those lilies are splendid looking.

Sissy you tell Ms aggie to behave herself from me :confused:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is a beautiful lily fishin, most likely a tropical...................

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
wow fishin, your lilies are *blooming* already? Must be nice! Mine are just starting to show some leaves under the surface, but with the recent heat, I imagine I'll be seeing some very rapid growth now.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm starting to get more pads and noticed today that I have buds coming up finally. Must be from the nice days we had Saturday and Sunday. Yellow water Iris is blooming now and parrots feather is taking off. Other various little flowered plants are blooming too like sweet flag. Happy I am :cool:

Ask a Question