• 100_8763.JPG
    100_8763.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 241
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Being a 29 year koi veteran I must say I'm impressed by some of your koi , I always like to view other peoples just as they do mine
What filtration do you have on the pond and how many gallons is it please

Dave

Reaction score
Being a 29 year koi veteran I must say I'm impressed by some of your koi , I always like to view other peoples just as they do mine
What filtration do you have on the pond and how many gallons is it please

Dave
Wow, thanks Dave. I appreciate the compliment. Its about 2500 gallons, I cant even remember what all filtration I have lol, but I have a mechanical filter, bio filter, uv, and the live bio filtration that the first waterfall feeds into.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I take it you didnt fit a bottom drain ?
Being disabled after a motor cycle accident we only wanted a small pond so we came up with a free standing one with 4" bottom drain and four massive filters .

Dave

Reaction score
I take it you didnt fit a bottom drain ?
Being disabled after a motor cycle accident we only wanted a small pond so we came up with a free standing one with 4" bottom drain and four massive filters .

Dave
Yes, I tried to do my research and do it right. It has a bottom drain to a gate valve > mechanical filter > ball valve > check valve > pump > split to ball valve > to uv bulb > pond return : other split to > ball valve > biofilter > waterfall .. I think I remembered everything lol. I didn't use any skim filter or huge mechanical filters equivalent to the size of the pond as recommended, but I haven't had any problems keeping it clean and its pretty crystal clear. I probably have to clean the filters more than most do. Almost everyday I have to clean the mechanical filter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
The size of ours would asound you we retro fitted a forner koi dealership QT ond we run tree arestones in filters two and three which have Jap Matting as a media and a back of Kusuri Lythaqua to for Kh and Ph .
The fourth filter has six airstones and is full of K1 media
These are all supplied by an airtec 40e airpump and another 40e running down through the bottom drain and supplies our air bubbler we have an Aqua pond 36 watt twin bulbed UV-C

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Welcome! You have a beautiful pond, koi and plants. I'm jealous of your weather too....we're just putting our pond to bed for the winter :(

Reaction score
Welcome! You have a beautiful pond, koi and plants. I'm jealous of your weather too....we're just putting our pond to bed for the winter :(
Thank you very much. It just barely started to get cool around here in the last week or so.

Ask a Question