Baby goldfish in pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a question. I have a pond and I discovered that we have some baby goldfish in the pond . Should I take them inside and deal with an aquarium or should I let nature do its thing . Will the other bigger goldfish eat them ?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
My goldfish fry are 8 weeks old. Some have orange, yellow and black patterns. Two are black. Is that normal for common goldfish to have patterns?
The eggs came from the goldfish, fathers are either shubunkin or goldfish.

Really excited if i got a goldfish / shubunkin offbreed. Cause as of know there patterns are looking amazing. Just hoping they dont all turn orange :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Depends can be in the DNA they carry and all the past breeding effects color also and present breeding effects color also .They change color as they get older .My butterflies were black for 6 months and changed color until now they are white .
101_1447.JPG
101_1453.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They are not goldfish ,they are fancy tails or a mix of what ever they have long flowing tails and long fins .not so good pics but you can see fins and tails
101_1452.JPG
101_1339.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They sometimes turn white when water temps. go down .I know every time some one wants fish from me they want yellow .I thought that was a normal color and i have 7 of them .Not sure what they are mixed with .

Ask a Question