• Have-no

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Used-yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Used-no

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Costco has a good sale on with 30% off for a 3200 watt portable generator. I'm thinking of buying one. I'm interested in how many folks have one and have used one.

Reaction score
nope. If the power goes out, it goes out. I have seen these small battery powered aerators that I was thinking of getting. Petstores sell 'em for like $10 bucks each. I was think of 4 as a backup.

If I had a power outage and my husband thought I was powering the pond instead of the freezer and fridge, I think he'd kill me. LOL!

Reaction score
my hubby would say it can run something else other than the pond. LOL! He doesn't dislike the pond, but just can't see it coming first before having something else powered up first.

Reaction score
understood. these hobbies need limits. i still feel pretty good about our investment because the estimates we got to have a pond build still exceed what we have in it, but. . .

Reaction score
oh yes, having a pond professionally built costs some serious moolah for sure! Unless you have the pocketbook for it, you're going to get your own shovel out and dig.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
yeah, but then you can say "I DID THAT" with a sense of a job well done!! not "i paid for that" with a sense of being broke

Reaction score
so true koiguy. The pride factor is huge with a personal pond build. And being able to thumb your nose at the high-priced builders and all the money you've saved is priceless!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I edited the title. It did not distinctly mention ponds. I have had several generators and I have used them for over 33 years, but never on a pond nor have I had one in the past 16 years. Polls have to consider all possible situations. I could have given 3 different answers to this poll before I edited the title.

There is another poll with similar problems. Please think before you publish one that there may be other possible scenarios that could tarnish your results.

Feel free to ask me to edit any after you review them. I like polls, but they are not usefull unless worded correctly.

Reaction score
BTW, this information you guys provided was very helpful. rather than buy a generator, I bought a cheap inverter because I already had two 12 V deep cell batteries. The OASE aerator I have will run for a long time on one of those batteries, so I feel better now. Ironically we've already had a short power outage.

Ask a Question