addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I actually got this email, so be very careful. My system warned me it was a virus.

-----
Subject: Virus, Please Read.

Yup...Snopes does have it.......I can imagine that this would be one that might suck in people Felt this worth passing along. With Christmas coming up, I can see where
this could be a real problem.

The newest virus circulating is the UPS/Fed Ex Delivery Failure. You will receive an e-mail from UPS/Fed Ex Service along with a packet number. It will say that they were unable to deliver a package sent to you on such-and-such a date. It then asks you to print out the invoice copy attached. DON'T TRY TO PRINT THIS. IT LAUNCHES THE VIRUS! Pass this warning on to all your PC operators at work and home. This virus has caused Millions of dollars in damage in the past few days. Snopes confirms that it is real.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/u/ups-virus.htm

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
DrDave said:
That one is coming out annually. Heard about it last year as well. I wish they would catch those folks.

I didn't get the email last year and (age related? don't recall it) but this year waiting for a package and here come's this email! Glad my system said STOP it is a virus! lol

Ask a Question