Baeya's Baby Koi

Reaction score
Well, I have around 50 baby Koi that I scooped out of my pond a few weeks ago......they are so hard to get pictures of. I took 2 more out yesterday and they are much bigger, here is a picture of them.

Attachments

• IMG00988-20110903-0957.jpg
    IMG00988-20110903-0957.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 415

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice, almost all the fish in my pond are products of three fish that made it from last year.
Now I am hoping fry/eggs don't make it lol.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice babies Baeya. Gosh I know what you mean addy, my large plant ring is full of fry and soon there will be no room at the inn!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Actually sissy I just took them all out of the big ring and put them in w/ the bigger goldies. The little buggers were starting to die in the ring, one right after another. Maybe the screen I have on there is too small and won't let the gunk fall out and they are getting gassed from rotting pieces of plants? Don't know. They do fine in the fully circulating pond. Water in the plant rings just sits there w/ no flow.

Reaction score
Here are some new pictures of my baby Koi :) I can't seem to get a good picture of them....any help from camera buffs would be appreciated. I have a Canon PowerShot S5 IS.
Also, a fairly new picture of my pond from the upper deck.

Attachments

• IMG_1878.JPG
    IMG_1878.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_1881.JPG
    IMG_1881.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_1887.JPG
    IMG_1887.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_1890.JPG
    IMG_1890.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 336

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
beautiful you can seeeeeeeee your fish! yipppeeee!

Reaction score
hehehehe.....still trying to do my sales tax report, GRRRR
Thanks my pond friends :) The pond picture was actually taken about a week ago! It's even more clear now :)

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
well, then post more...dangit woman, do we gotta tell you everything?.......lol......seriously tho.. post some more...and good waterfall pics as well. theres nothing we like to see more than a success story!!

Reaction score
Yeah!! Finished my sales tax report! Now I can take tomorrow off! The forcast says rain, but it wouldn't dare rain tomorrow, I have a bog to build!
Free beer and pizza for anyone that wants to come and help me!! :LOL:

Reaction score
Your babies are beautiful:) I cannot wait for mind to start "showing what they got":) Congrats. How old are yours?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Actually sissy I just took them all out of the big ring and put them in w/ the bigger goldies. The little buggers were starting to die in the ring, one right after another. Maybe the screen I have on there is too small and won't let the gunk fall out and they are getting gassed from rotting pieces of plants? Don't know. They do fine in the fully circulating pond. Water in the plant rings just sits there w/ no flow.
thats what i said back in my floating planter ring thread...you need openings large enough to allow good flow...maybe thats why your plants didnt fare as well in your ring.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes I remember that koiguy and now I'm thinking I will have to re-do the screen and go w/ the bigger stuff. I don't know about the plants tho cuz when I first got them I had some in the ring and some out and both did the same. Turned yellow. Maybe my pond is too clean and not enough nutrition for them? It was the water lettuce that did that and we aren't too warm here so that could have been the problem w/ them maybe. Not all the fry died either just some. Took the rest out and they seem fine swimming around w/ the bigger ones now. Don't see any dead fry floating.
I suppose I should not expect all the fry to live should I? Survival of the fittest thing ya know.

Ask a Question