BAGGY CAM TIME!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i will try again tommorrow but heres one more from the baggy cam... i didnt tape the baggy so it would pull snug in front of the lens so its not quite as focused and clear as some...but like i said..theres always tommorrow. and this is the first one ive done outside, so...i hope you enjoy it.
i cant see exactly where the cameras aimed either but i guess i do a fairly decent job at guessing..........

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice koiguy! beautiful fish you have.

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
love the title :)

that big orange and black fish wanted to hog the limelight didn't he ... almost time for them to go back indoors isn't it ? you sure don't get much of a summer there !

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
love the title :)

that big orange and black fish wanted to hog the limelight didn't he ... almost time for them to go back indoors isn't it ? you sure don't get much of a summer there !

It would make you want to just have indoor ponds...........

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks pretty darn clear to me. Those big fish are huge next to the little ones. Very pretty colored fish koiguy! So what do you do? Just take a regular video camera, stick a baggy over the end and stick it in the water a few inches?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
ladies...thanks for the kind words.......and, j.w..... to answer your question..........
no...i put a regular digital camera that shoots video in a ziploc sandwich bag...remove most of the air..zip it up...then i tape the end closed to make sure its sealed good ...fold that over until its close to the camera...leaving just enough slack in the bag to allow the lens to come out...tape it up again... and film at any depth my arm can reach....
in this one it is probably 12" - 15" deep.*******oh ..and i put the camera inside the baggy upside down so the bags opening is under the camera..and tape it up good so i know its sealed good!!********

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ladies...thanks for the kind words.......and, j.w..... to answer your question..........
no...i put a regular digital camera that shoots video in a ziploc sandwich bag...remove most of the air..zip it up...then i tape the end closed to make sure its sealed good ...fold that over until its close to the camera...leaving just enough slack in the bag to allow the lens to come out...tape it up again... and film at any depth my arm can reach....
in this one it is probably 12" - 15" deep.

Neat idea kioguy. It is hard to aim them when you can't see............ you did well

Oh wow thanks koiguy, I could do that w/ mine.

Well we are waiting jw! get filming, don't wreck your camera right before your trip.............

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep that's exactly what my hubby just said when I drug him in here to see koiguys baggy cam video. Said wouldn't be good if water got in there!
But as you may have figured out by now I am somewhat of a risk taker so maybe will try it before the trip or after the trip. Rain coming tomorrow tho. Will wait til a dry day to do it. I guess the fish just get inquisitive and pose for the camera cuz I would not know where to point the camera down under like that. One day I was gonna go into the pond and float down under so my face was just sticking up and see if the fish would gather around it and have hubby do a video of it. Just thought it would be fun!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep that's exactly what my hubby just said when I drug him in here to see koiguys baggy cam video. Said wouldn't be good if water got in there!
But as you may have figured out by now I am somewhat of a risk taker so maybe will try it before the trip or after the trip. Rain coming tomorrow tho. Will wait til a dry day to do it. I guess the fish just get inquisitive and pose for the camera cuz I would not know where to point the camera down under like that. One day I was gonna go into the pond and float down under so my face was just sticking up and see if the fish would gather around it and have hubby do a video of it. Just thought it would be fun!

Feed them, that really gathers them into one spot.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Bet they would come and nibble at your nose, hair, face..............They come and nibble on me any time i am in the pond. You need to do that it would be fun to watch!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
a snorkel would be good then you could put head under and see where cams pointing .... i think you should try this koiguy :)
i don't get in the pond to video them....i just put down a cushion or two to lay on and stick my hand and arm down in!! but thanks for the idea. if you try it and it comes out good, i will be glad to give it a try myself..... like i said, i may try to get a better video today...so if you get out there early enough, and post it so i can see it before i do mine. i will do it today!!
***NO?....I thought not!!*********

Ask a Question