Bagspond update for March

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Hi guys! The waterfall is going!!!!!! The pictures show you where I am now -- but I have a lot of work to do.

Still working on the rock on the far side of the pond. Water level will ultimately be a couple of inches higher but we are expecting big rain today. Since I don't have the edging and landscaping finalized, I feel like a rain overflow would wash away all my nice dirt. The waterfall hill is haphazardly covered with random rocks for the same reason -- to hold the dirt. When I plant the hill, I will place the rocks more thoughtfully.

I am going to turn the waterfall off and do a bit more foam. There is some oversplash which a plant will enjoy, but it's a little excessive. I think just a touch of foam in a couple of places will make it more cooperative.

I probably won't get to work out there again till Thursday. I'm itching to finish! I lie in bed at night and think -- man, I want to get out there and work!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3800.JPG
    IMG_3800.JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_3799.JPG
    IMG_3799.JPG
    305.2 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_3801.JPG
    IMG_3801.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 310
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Beautiful work...looks amazing can only imagine it will only get better with some flowers and plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
amazin bags very natural look , u did lots of hard work and reward is brilliant , we r proud of u ))

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Thanks, gang! I've said this before - but wouldn't you think with all that digging and rock moving that I'd be in excellent shape? NOT! Still chunky monkey -- but sore all the time now. LOL! :ROFLMAO:

I'm going to do a little "robbing Peter to pay Paul." Did you notice the big flat rocks on the "beach" side -- up near the waterfall end of the pond? I like the way they worked to give variety from all the other same-sized rocks that ring the pond. I have some on the edges of my dry creek. I swore I wouldn't mess up the old landscaping project in order to complete the new one -- but I've changed my mind. So the dry creek will have a few bald spots. Who cares? I need them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Thanks, gang! I've said this before - but wouldn't you think with all that digging and rock moving that I'd be in excellent shape? NOT! Still chunky monkey -- but sore all the time now. LOL! :ROFLMAO:

I'm going to do a little "robbing Peter to pay Paul." Did you notice the big flat rocks on the "beach" side -- up near the waterfall end of the pond? I like the way they worked to give variety from all the other same-sized rocks that ring the pond. I have some on the edges of my dry creek. I swore I wouldn't mess up the old landscaping project in order to complete the new one -- but I've changed my mind. So the dry creek will have a few bald spots. Who cares? I need them.
rocks behind creating effect of hill
i see a grave in pic1 on left with flowers and a name on it jk
what is you pump GPH

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
The pump is a Big Frog Eco-Drive 3000. I have a Helix skimmer, which is really neat to watch. Sort of mesmerizing. Almost fell headfirst in the pond, hanging upside down and looking into the skimmer. ;)

(PS -- the "grave" is where I buried what was left of my youth.)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
This is one of the few good pictures I got of this event. I was taking them through a window and the birds kept moving.
A whole flock of male robins and a bunch of other birds -- doves, titmice, finches -- all decided to visit the pond!!!! It was only about 34 degrees and they were even in the splashy waterfall area!!!!

Here are four of the visitors.

Attachments

• IMG_3820.JPG
    IMG_3820.JPG
    223.8 KB · Views: 219
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
This is one of the few good pictures I got of this event. I was taking them through a window and the birds kept moving.
A whole flock of male robins and a bunch of other birds -- doves, titmice, finches -- all decided to visit the pond!!!! It was only about 34 degrees and they were even in the splashy waterfall area!!!!

Here are four of the visitors.
thats reward

Ask a Question