sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I feel the same way but now for 2 days I have been cleaning out my house and goodwill and animal shelter will get stuff .Blankets and old towels go to the animal shelter for bedding .The animal shelter made 600 dollars off the raffle of the 2 wooden baskets I built for them .I am thinking of making a bench for them to raffle off next

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I'm getting underlayment, but I'm considering lining the whole pond with newspapers -- sort of a giant paper mache project. Thoughts on that?

Newspaper will offer little protection for liner as it does rapidly degrade (It is organic!). Standard 6 oz non-woven geotextile underlayment will provide all of the protection that you will need, but if you need the peace of mind, double layer the geotextile.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Newspaper will offer little protection for liner as it does rapidly degrade (It is organic!). Standard 6 oz non-woven geotextile underlayment will provide all of the protection that you will need, but if you need the peace of mind, double layer the geotextile.
Thank you! Actually, the shelves and bottom are fairly smooth clay. The veins of quartz are in the side walls, so they won't have anything really heavy sitting on them. I'm thinking a single layer should be enough? I might get really OCD and got out with some runny clay mud and sort of plaster over the quartz. (Yes, I am nuts.)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used leftover 60 and 15 lb roofing felt under mine and then the underlayment .Trying to keep moles away this time

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
15 lb is cheap .I use it because it was leftover from builder and so was the 60 lb .I got extra and it was 12 dollars a roll .I also put down milky spore because of grubs which the moles eat .You can see it in my pond rebuild I did

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Annnnd -- as the highlight of my birthday, my husband bought me several hundred dollars worth of boulders and river rock!!!!! This was the 50th, so it's a biggie. He offered to have a party and I said "No way! I want rocks!" We aren't wealthy, and I am a stay at home mom, so this really was a HUGE and amazing gift. He knows I've wanted a pond and have been dreaming of this project for many years. Some people look at me weird when I say I got rocks for my 50th birthday. To me, it was a very romantic, extravagant, and thoughtful gift! They will be delivered on Tuesday. I'm so excited, I could burst!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Way to go the perfect husband!

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

I love rocks, had to buy a bunch as ours rot once they are exposed to air, they turn to rocky dirt.

My dear hubby bought me my Kubota tractor for our first wedding anniversary! Way better than any other trinket. With it I built our ponds streams planted the yard up. Our dirt is full of shale, you can barely dig a hole in it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hubby deserves a star .For my 50th I got my new retirement home in VA and moved from NJ .When you gets something you really want it means more than anything else you could have gotten .So when you get your rocks you will have to post pics of all the pretty rocks .We here are all in rock envy right now .:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Thanks, all! The hard part was keeping my head out of the clouds and only getting rocks I could move myself. There were some LOVELY big, wonderful boulders, but no way to get them up onto the yard, not to mention in place. I can move some decent sized ones, though. I think we got a good mix!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Way to go the perfect husband!

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

I love rocks, had to buy a bunch as ours rot once they are exposed to air, they turn to rocky dirt.

My dear hubby bought me my Kubota tractor for our first wedding anniversary! Way better than any other trinket. With it I built our ponds streams planted the yard up. Our dirt is full of shale, you can barely dig a hole in it.
Oooooo! A tractor!!!! Now that would be big fun! I think I'd have to go out in the backyard and dig a tornado shelter out of our little hill. I'm from the midwest, so tornado warnings freak me out. Pond was dream number 1. Basement would be #2! :)

Ask a Question