Baker racks

B

Burd

image.jpeg

I picked up a older baker rack w/ patina on. Anyone have any ideas? It'll be on the patio outside. I searched, heres one idea.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Is it real patina? If so, and you are in an environment that’s not desert, clear coat! They’ve got mat coats you can just spray on. I’d say herbs, lots of little pots of varieties of herbs and maybe some flowers you really like. Johnny jump ups and violets, some flower bulb varieties stay fairly short. Maybe some taller plants in large planters to either side, like a sweet smelling rose. And if you’re putting it by a railing, maybe some vines? Like morning glory or something along those lines, small delicate stuff, not to take over and hide, but to accent it.

B

Burd

I think I need a woman's touch on it, lol.
I got it from a friend that's moving, it's been on a patio for 20 -30 years, I was going to have it sand blasted, but it's kinda cool now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Post some pics of it, and where it will go. We’re glad to pitch in and lend more advice than you want! Some close up of the patina too! You’ll have to check the feet of it well to be sure there’s no rust starting.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Seems here I see at least 2 or 3 at the flea market on saturday .and always dirt cheap .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I like the idea of the herbs, ivy, gnome....it's a cool piece!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Take an metal bristle brush to the feet and any other spots that may be developing rust. Then do a mat clear coat. Some plants, maybe decorative rocks, like large chunks of crystals, or just pretty rocks you’ve found.

B

Burd

There's a place that bead blast it then powder coats it. Not sure. I'll put it in my shed for the winter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
If you like the patina on it now, a clear coat works just fine. I’m used to diy on a budget, so if I liked it, id just clear coat it, otherwise, id sand it lightly, then spray paint it, then clear coat it.

B

Burd

I saw some things at English gardens the other day, I was looking for a baffle for a 4x4 post, nothing, but I saw a cool bee house, it was a box that had slits and hollow tubes in so certain bees can go in. I want one of those. A few bird houses, mane I'll pant a fern in a pot.
The tack has horizontal pc's of metal going across the back , what do you put on those?

Ask a Question