Bakki Shower

Reaction score
These are excellent for adding lots of oxygen into ponds and are very easy to make. The one caveat is that you have to have the room to have one and be able to hide it.

The breeders in Japan use these regularly. What are you thinking of doing Oldmarine? Do you have a means of incorporating a bakki shower?

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
No sorry, my pond is to small to incorporate something that big behind my pond. I read a posting at another message board that was inquiring if anyone here was using that filter system on their large pond.

Reaction score
I've scene one of these filters in a Koi book I just bought! Im curious about them, I might jsut try one once we get the new pond build for the spring

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I have seen a lot of pics of the shower..If you can make one that looks like a nice fountain it would be nice

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
My 27 gallon boi-filter has one stage of water dripping from a two foot length of 1/2" PVC. The of the boi filter is thre different grades (course to fine) of filter material. In the vary bottum layer is a stack of cut up 3" dia black PVC that work simular to 'boi-balls'. Between last summer and this spring start up, it works quite well for the needs of my pond.

See my hodge-podge of pictures noted below for an idea of what I am talking about above.

Happ yponding,

Rich :bouncycig::fish::fish:

Ask a Question