Bali Inspired, Backyard Retreat

Goldfish pond, with fountain.

Esther J

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Esther J submitted a new Showcase Item:

This project turned out to be a somewhat formal goldfish pond, with a tiered fountain. I was looking for a timeless feel without being too stuffy. The pond itself has an interior dimension of approximately 7 x 8 ft, and is 3.5+ ft deep. There is a shelf built-in around 3 sides, for plant containers under water. The pond holds approximately 800 gallons, and AC powered. The pump is 800+ gallons per hour, and the water passes through a bio-filter with UV treatment, before re-entering the pond. I started out with 60 feeder goldfish.The population has been stable at 26 fish, 4-7" long, with an occasional baby for 3 years.

Also included in the backyard design, are two decks, one with a gazebo. I have since added athatch umbrella cover, on top of the gazebo for a more authentic look. The walkway is a sub-grade pebble walkway. To walk on the path, I have laid down left over resin/laminate decking scraps. The weight of the boards makes a pretty stable walkway in the pebbles.

Secondly, is an interior, screened patio, micro-pond. It is a simple 1/4 barrel liner, with a tiny pump. The Easter Island statue was $10 at a thrift shop. The bamboo runners on the wall, hide the sprinkler controls.

Read more about this showcase item here...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Love all the little critters visiting the pond, even your dog enjoy the pond.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is very nice! and welcome to our group!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Awesome pond, and I love that photo of the little garter snake in your pond!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mochosla

Latest Threads