Bamboo?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
WHAT? No! Golden bamboo grows like 30 feet tall and spreads like crazy! Bamboo in general scares me. I follow a gardening blogger who is crazy about bamboo - he has many species growing in his yard. When I see what he has to do to contain and battle it back every year I question his sanity!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
WHAT? No! Golden bamboo grows like 30 feet tall and spreads like crazy! Bamboo in general scares me. I follow a gardening blogger who is crazy about bamboo - he has many species growing in his yard. When I see what he has to do to contain and battle it back every year I question his sanity!
LOL!! We have it growing in a separate stock tank - thanks for the warning!! I was planning on putting it in a separate planting basket, but now I am scared too!!!!:wideyed:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Do not do it, my neighbor planted bamboo, it has traveled under the stone wall and into our yard. I dug up a good size area to remove it with my Bobcat and it still comes up. Tough stuff to get rid of. I control it for now but boy I could see it as a issue around or in a pond.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@AmyK Isn’t your just a small container pond.....like 30 gallons? You might want to consider more “petite” plants to keep things in scale — and to give your fish some room to move around.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I Have always shyed away from bamboo I have run into it from time to time and it's a nightmare with maintenance . well it seems there are several species of bamboo and working for the utilities I thought for sure ALL bamboo would not be allowed. but I was wrong there are a couple species that grow very slow and do NOT create the dense wall of vegitation that most people seek. I believe one of the controllable and slow growing is Black bamboo but I am not certain. The pond digger also has made not of one type of bamboo it gives the usual look but not the dense wall or uncontrollable growth

Ask a Question